(1) Call Us. The home insurance claim process does not have to be difficult. Your local MJM Insurance® of Fenton Agents are always available to help you. Please call our Fenton Missouri office, and we’ll guide you through every step to make your experience go as smooth as possible. (636) 343-5000. We help our clients with the claims process, regardless of how small or large the damage may be.
(2) Safety First! Make sure you family is safe and your property is protected from further damage by following some simple steps:
- Most Fenton Missouri Home Insurance Policies require the insured to do what is reasonable to prevent further damage to the property. You or your contractor should patch walls or roofs by covering them with tarps, or cover shattered windows with plywood or heavy plastic. Please be careful and have a licensed contractor perform any dangerous task, such as repairs to the roof.
- Keep receipts and invoices associated with any emergency repairs to give to your claim representative. In the event your home is unlivable, save any receipts associates with costs for motel rooms, meals, etc. These may be reimbursable items as well.
- Take inventory in each room of the house and provide a written assessment of all damaged/missing property, including descriptions, cost of items, and when items were purchased. Serial numbers or other identifiable marking are helpful as well.
- For water damage, you may contact a company that specializes in water extraction and water damage mitigation. Your MJM Insurance® of Fenton agents will have a list of companies available in your area.
(3) Property Inspection. Once you’ve reported your claim, the insurance carrier will have a claims specialist contact you (generally within 24 hours) to establish a date for inspecting the damages. The claims adjuster will come to your property and assess the damage, take photos, help you organize temporary repairs, or emergency services.
(4) Pay Your Deductible. The insurance carrier will give you a complete damage estimate after a loss. This estimate will show the total dollar amount of your covered loss, less your deductible and depreciation (if applicable), and the net amount that will be paid toward the loss.
(5) Find a Contractor. Most insurance carriers have a network of contracts to provide construction repairs following a property loss. Your claim service associate would be able to assist you to scheduling an inspection of your property and arrange for repairs. Using network contracts has its advantages as the insurance companies have pre-negotiated standards for the contracts to abide by such as:
- Warranties on materials and labor provided
- Contractors who have proper credentials and industry experience
- Financially stable firms
- Proper licensing
- Worker’s compensation insurance protection for the contractors and workers
- Strict performance standards that are monitored and measured
(6) Settlement Check. In the event of a covered loss, most carriers will first pay you the Actual Cash Value (ACV) (actual cost less depreciation) for the damage to your property. When you replace the item or complete the specified repairs, the insurance carrier will pay you the difference between the replacement cost and the actual cash value amount previously paid. The total amount you will be reimbursed is subject to the terms and conditions of your particular policy, including deductible and limits. This may vary from company to company. You will receive a settlement check from your insurance provider, as soon as they have confirmed coverage and completed an investigation and comprehensive damage estimate. Every effort is made to issue payment on the claim as quickly as possible. If necessary, you may receive other authorized supplemental checks once proper re-inspections are performed or when your claim adjuster prepares a supplemental estimate. Your insurance carrier may be required by state laws and policy language to include any mortgagees/ lien holders on your settlement check(s). If a mortgagee/lien holder’s name appears on your settlement check(s), the mortgagee/lien holder must sign off on the check before it can be cashed. You should contact your mortgagee/lien holder directly to determine the process for co-signing/cashing settlement checks.
Why Choose MJM Insurance® of Fenton?
MJM Insurance® of Fenton opened in 2002. With a combined experience of over 60 years in the insurance industry, our agents are knowledgeable and competent specializing in automobile, homeowners, renters, boat, motorcycle, commercial automobile, workers compensation, and general liability. We proudly serve all of St. Louis and Jefferson counties including Fenton, High Ridge, Arnold, Imperial, Valley Park, Ballwin, Wildwood, Eureka, Pacific, House Springs, Hillsboro, Sunset Hills, Crestwood, Manchester, and St. Clair.
MJM Insurance® of Fenton represents many of the industry’s premier national and regional insurance companies offering competitive rates through Travelers, Safeco, EMC, Kemper Preferred, Progressive, The Hartford, West Bend, Chubb and many more.
For our clients’ convenience, our Insurance Agents are available for after hours appointments and Saturdays. Our normal office hours are Monday – Friday from 9 to 5 (don’t be surprised to find us here much later or on weekends). We are dedicated to providing the most exceptional and timely customer service in the industry.
For Your Business
Our Business offerings include insurance products and risk management services–we are your full service insurance solution–from commercial property and casualty to employee benefits–we have you covered. There is no need to have multiple agencies to provide the coverages and services for your business.
For Your Personal Life
Our Personal Insurance and Financial Services offerings also include insurance products and risk management services–we are your full service insurance solution–from auto, home, boat, RV, motorcycle, and power sports to health, life, and fixed annuities–we have you covered. There is no need to have multiple agencies to provide the insurance coverages and financial services for your personal needs.
The Best Value and Customer Service
We combine years of experience and top-rated companies and products to provide exceptional service and value to our clients. Our trained, professional staff will do the research, analysis, and shopping for you. You save time and money and get the best value for the insurance and services you need.
Call, request a quote by email, or visit us at our office today for a free, no obligation risk assessment and quote. Let us do the research and find the best value for the Fenton Missouri Home Insurance you need.